Building A Second Brain is a methodology for saving and systematically reminding us of the ideas, inspirations, insights, and connections we’ve gained through our experience. It expands our memory and our intellect using the modern tools of technology and networks
These 10 principles are basically different aspects of a system/approach to knowledge work that helps us reduce stress, produce more, and live a life of creative joy:
- Borrowed Creativity: Stand on the shoulders of giants
- The Capture Habit: Outsource memory to devices
- Idea Recycling: Reuse idea repeatedly
- Projects over categories: Don’t silo insights - organize them into projects you are working toward, right now.
- Slow Burns: Not everything has to be a heavy lift. You can accumulate in the background.
- Start With Abundance: Don’t start from a blank canvas
- Intermediate packets: Breakdown work into manageable projects.
- You only know what you make: Taking actions is the best way to discover what you dont know.
- Make Things Easier For Your Future Self: Package up things for your future self to use.
- Keep your Idea Moving: You never need to be stuck.
Use the share button below if you liked it.
It makes me smile, when I see it.